Search This Blog

Monday, February 21, 2011

A Froggy Afternoon

Its a Thursday morning and I arrived late (almost lunch time..lol).

I sat in my chair and started to open my computer. While waiting for my computer to open, I did get my phone from my bag to check if there are some texts or calls while I was on travel.

Not too long ago, my boss arrived from meeting or I don't know exactly where she came from. Maybe from a meeting with some of the officials of the university. I and our office secretary greeted her with a smile on our face. As she continue entering the room, she spoke with  me reiterating that i should need to stay in the office for 48 hours a week. She even asking me to have the time card for her to monitor my office time. I let her finish all that she wanted to say before I replying. She threw me a straightforward question, "what was really your time schedule, eventhough your in a supervisory position you should have a time bound?...All I responded was, "8 to 4 pm ma'am". After hearing so, she just replied me, "okay".

Done. Damn, but I was not yet fully get over. I am still thinking what we have talked a awhile ago. During lunch time, I can't imagine myself quietly eating. This is not the usual thing with me. I speak and talk a lot while eating. That is me...lol...

After lunch time, a student came and asking for my assistance in his research. He sat beside me while looking at my computer. He is very observant and always asking what am I doing and why I am doing such thing. In return, I have to explain to him the  rationale of the statistical test that I applied to his research. I suddenly felt that my head is aching and can't anymore concentrate to what I am doing so i asked his schedule if he has a class or something. Afterward, he initiated to go out first and will just return at 5 o'clock and I agreed.

Almost 6 o'clock and was about to go home because my headache making me unconscious and became inpatient, then he arrived. I just get his usb and give it back containing my computations. Still he has a lot of questions so I told him to print the first pages and present it to his adviser so he was guided what to do. He agreed but he pleased me to wait for 5 minutes because he will going to present the draft to his adviser and will get back to me. He came back with a smile and he was happy because it was approved by his adviser.

Okay then, as I said....do his suggestion and show once you finished. I have to go. I am having a terrible headache.


I finally home and take a minute of rest.

No comments: